Legal Counsel – Commercial and Contract law
On behalf of one of our clients, an internationally active company based in Lausanne area, we are seeking a Legal Counsel – Commercial and Contract law, who will report to the EMEA Associate General Counsel.
- Provide practical, timely and high-quality legal services and analysis in the area of commercial transactions in the Central and North EMEA Region.
- Support business teams and other team members in the negotiation and management of agreements.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of outside counsel, and provide counsel to internal clients.
- Actively contribute to the legal team in the ongoing development of knowledge, skills and processes and lead legal initiatives and special projects as required.
- Bar admission and excellent academic credentials
- 5 to 10 years of relevant professional legal experience
- Excellent German & English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong expertise in closing complex commercial transactions, including sales, channels, IP licensing, SaaS, on-demand, outsourcing, managed services, joint development and procurement transactions with large multinational companies
- Substantive expertise in commercial and corporate legal issues, and intellectual property law. Knowledge of anti-trust, trade compliance, privacy, regulatory and open source issues
- Experience handling and resolving disputes and/or litigation in a variety of jurisdictions
- Strong interest in technology
- Ability to conduct M&A due diligence, negotiations and integration from a commercial perspective
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to challenges and new and simpler ways to get things done
- Ability to make sound and independent judgments and make recommendations on a wide variety of contract matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience including engineering, marketing, sales, and finance professionals
- Ability to lead cross-functionally in a matrix environment, obtain buy-in and drive cross-functional processes
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient, effective and well-organized
- Customer service oriented
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Must be business-minded and ready to “roll up sleeves” and do what is necessary to get the job done well
- Work effectively within all levels of the organization